Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Parish of St. Augustine, Baliuag

I trampled on the fear of distance -
Stepping out of my comfort zone.
But as I laid eyes on my destination,
Dread vanished at once.





For I have seen beauty beyond words,
Adorned by the charming stories of the past
My mouth hung open as I stared at this treasure,
My heart was swelling with pride.



I have seen corners not everyone could see - 
and to be honest, it stunned me.
The alluring charm that sweeps me off my feet,
I could never, ever forget.




It was all beauty ingrained by hundred years of existence
Everything just speaks to me like an ancient friend
But in the midst of all these enchanting antiquity,
I have realized that religion is never about this kind of luxury...



The Parish of St. Augustine is one of the oldest churches in Bulacan. It is located in Baliuag, Bulacan, in a place they call 'kabayanan'. But from what I know, only the floors, convent and part of the facade's walls are original. All other parts are actually parts of the reconstructions conducted throughout the years.
A beautiful heritage site of the province, it is currently under the religious leadership of Msgr. Andres Valera.



ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2014 © La Bulaqueña 




No comments:

Post a Comment