Sunday, July 5, 2015

Mahal na Poon ng Krus ng Wawa/Pagoda Festival, Bocaue



It wasn't my first time, but it still feels like so.
As I look around me, the festivity shows.
I bask on the warmth of faith of everyone,
remarkable, outstanding - comparable to none.

The proud spectacle of a crown-like beauty
embodies the joyous feelings of everybody
As I took in the unbelievable display of devotion,
My mind began to formulate some little questions.





A devotion backed up with a tragic story
Has undeniably captivated me;
And as I send myself to sleep tonight,
I hope that I have finally seen the light.


The Fiesta ng Mahal na Poon ng Krus ng Wawa is celebrated by the Parish of St. Martin of Tours in Bocaue, now a Diocesan Shrine. It is a popular piety, believed upon by thousands of devotees from all over Bulacan and other nearby provinces. One of the most anticipated parts of the said fiesta is the fluvial procession of the cross in the Pagoda.

Contrary to popular belief though, the Pagoda procession wasn't stopped after the horrendous tragedy on July 2, 1993. It was continued, only not as grandiose. Only last year, when Msgr. Albert Suatengco was appointed as parish priest did Bocaue got the permission to bring back the old times.



ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2014 © La Bulaqueña 




No comments:

Post a Comment